Firstly, I am so pumped that so many of you are already doing what you’re passionate about or what you feel your heart is called to do. For those that feel like you’ve had to sacrifice your dreams or you don’t believe you are intelligent enough, significant enough, experienced enough….let me start off by saying that fear and self-doubt are liars. Get that out of your head, YOU ARE ENOUGH. Most of us probably feel stuck in a box in our life and sadly most of us put ourselves there. Once we can step outside that box, we can truly begin living out our purpose.
So how do we begin doing what the tiny voice in our head says we can’t….. Here are my five tips:
1. Define your values! This is straight from legend Simply Suzy herself and it’s gold. It’s so easy to get lost in the world of business if you don’t have your values in order so that on the tough days you can be reminded what you’re really doing this for. Ex. Mine are Faith, Family, Individuality, Success, and creativity to name a few.
2. Find your why? This is the hardest one, it took me many long conversations with people, laying awake and pondering to even begin to find my why. Heck, I’m still working on it. I think that if “money” is your why you may not be doing what you’re called to do but that’s not to say it isn’t fun to make money, BECAUSE HELL YEAH IT IS. The WHY is your purpose and living your purpose is what creates the impact.
3. Start. I know dumb right but so often we get in our minds that we either will start tomorrow or we think we have to jump in headfirst. The actually answer is we just have to begin, start simple, start by exercising the desire that you have inside of you, write down your plans, affirm yourself that this is going to happen for you. Take one step forward by taking one photo each day, purchasing a domain, buying yourself a microphone, going to a workshop or watch a YouTube video on how to do something….anything just START.
4. Connect with your community. Most of us are probably underutilizing the people in our close circle, our acquaintances and in our online circle. You probably know someone that has either connections or knowledge that would be essential to begin your journey. The reason I don’t say “use” is because you are usually taking and not giving back, sometimes you need to serve before taking. Reach out to them, take them out for coffee, get yourself in a similar circle, get to know them on a genuine level.
5. Ask. If you want something, ask for it. If you want to be a photographer ask someone if you can photograph them, if you want to work with brands…ask them if you can work with their product and if they say no, ask someone else!
Now here’s my question for you. Are you more afraid of failure or an unfulfilled life? It doesn’t stop here, this is truly just the beginning. Now it’s time to get to work.